Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gators Get Beat Down by Alabama

Yes the Gators got beat up by Alabama. When you play a team as good as you, you lose half the time.

Alabama is a good team, as good as those Florida State and Tennessee teams we used to play. Teams as good as us.

I was proud of these Gators. I have been a Gator since I moved to Gainesville in 1971. When I got here, the cry of the Gator was,
"Wait until next year."

Since 1928, I believe, when the Gators had the best team in the country, there were a few guys that almost changed that, but not
quite.

We all know Spurrier and his players made the Gators mighty. For those who became Gators after the coming of the HBC, you might not
appreciate these times. For myself, it is and has always been great to be a Florida Gator.

No comments:

Post a Comment