Friday, May 7, 2010

Protect Florida beaches from offshore oil drilling constitutional amendment ban

------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
From: Alex Sink
 
http://action.alexsink2010.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=15&tag=drillingban_petition_email

Yesterday, I took my third trip to Florida's Panhandle this week.  And as I spoke with Commerce Secretary Gary Locke, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, and local business leaders, I told them what I've been seeing and hearing from Floridians since the news of the oil spill began -- that we are worried about the threat to our economy, to many Floridians' livelihoods, to our way of life.

And like nearly every conversation I've had as we watch the oil move towards Florida beaches, this one also ended with the same resolve:

We cannot risk having another accident like this anywhere near Florida's beaches.

That's why I'm working for a constitutional amendment banning drilling off of our coast. It's the only way this will never happen again.

Click here to add your voice in support of a constitutional amendment banning drilling in Florida state waters.

I'm working around the clock to ensure Floridians impacted by this disaster are receiving the help they need -- and we still don't know just how bad things are going to get. I've also taken BP to task for their lack of responsiveness and helped cut some of the red-tape our coastal communities are facing.

But one thing is perfectly clear: Drilling near our beaches is not worth the risk to our businesses and our livelihoods.

I know you agree.

Join me in safeguarding our beautiful state, our coastline, and our economy for future generations: Support our call for a constitutional amendment to ban drilling.

I will continue to fight to make sure BP is held accountable, and that they take responsibility for the costs of this disastrous oil spill.

But while we're working hard to clean up this mess, we have to do everything we can to prevent the next disaster. We must work together to ban oil drilling off Florida's beaches now.

Time, as they say, is a-wasting.

Thank you for helping me protect Florida's economy and our future.
Sincerely,

Alex Sink

P.S. To find out what you can do to help, and for up-to-date information, visit www.AlexSink2010.com.
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
-----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment